Re: SunOS patch for memcmp() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: SunOS patch for memcmp()
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > > Still is.  I don't want to gin up a strtol fix from scratch at this
> > > late date in our cycle, but I think that the memcmp fix is safe.
> > OK, good.  I will put the strtol on my list for 7.3.  The memcmp is much
> > more significant.  Overflow is minor for most uses.
>
> Right. I'll plop SunOS back into the list of supported platforms for
> this release. Thanks for the work Tatsuo and Bruce!

OK, I have four votes for the patch, and one against.  I will apply it
now.  We can consider SunOS supported.  There is the the problem that
overflow is not detected by strtol but that is not a critical feature:

  INSERT INTO INT4_TBL(f1) VALUES ('1000000000000');
- ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "1000000000000": Numerical result out of range

I will try to get that fixed for 7.3.