Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From MindTerm
Subject Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,
 senario:  cursor 1 loop ( e.g. find student id )  cursor 2 loop ( e.g. find courses of this student )   cursor 3 loop
(e.g. update course information )     delele course detail ...     or     delete course detail ... ( same primary key )
    insert course detail ... ( same primary key )   end loop 3  end loop 2 end loop 1

 It did 75 delete actions 140 update actions ( delete
and insert ). The process time was about 5-6 minutes
while oracle was 10 seconds to 20 seconds .

postgresql.conf :
shared_buffers = 3200
wal_buffers = 80

running on linux 7.1 , 512M ram.