Re: Settings using PuTTy - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Settings using PuTTy
Date
Re: Settings using PuTTy  (Boban Acimovic <acim@mbl.is>)
List pgsql-admin
On Thursday 13 December 2001 07:52 am, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
>  I am accessing my Red Hat linux box through PuTTY and I am
>  experiencing the following problem using the psql interface of
>  PostgreSQL. For instance I cannot use the backspace key or I cannot
>  access to the command history of PostgreSQL using the arrow keys like
>  i could do in a terminal if I am working in the server. Does anyone
>  knows the settings? I have been trying different ones, but I cannot
>  figure out how to do it.

Does the command history and backspace properly work for a local xterm?  I
ask that because PuTTY (which I use regularly) emulates an xterm, not a
straight tty.

If a local xterm works but PuTTY doesn't, check your emulator settings in
PuTTY itself, to see what it's trying to send with backspace.  I have used
PuTTY to access psql with backspace and history working properly on my RedHat
PostgreSQL box a number of times.

However, there was a problem with the version of readline used at one point
in time -- you might be running up against this buglet.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio