Re: [CYGWIN] Platform Testing - Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: [CYGWIN] Platform Testing - Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:18:57PM -0000, Dave Page wrote:
> Parallel regression tests appear to fail almost randomly. The best I got so
> far was 3 failures (out of 79 tests), the worst was about 15. In particular
> the horology & misc tests always seems to fail, whilst the others vary. With
> the exception of the misc test, all failures appear to be due to failed
> connections eg:
>
> --- 1,3 ----
> ! psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> !     Is the server running on host localhost and accepting
> !     TCP/IP connections on port 65432?

The above is a known MS Winsock limitation and is documented in FAQ_MSWIN:

    2.  make check can generate spurious regression test failures due to
        overflowing the listen() backlog queue which causes connection
        refused errors.

> System: Windows XP Professional, PIII 850MHz, 512Mb RAM, 32Gb disk

Your system has a backlog limit of 5.  Although a little dated, see the
following for details:

    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q127/1/44.asp

Jason