Bug #532: backend crashes due to segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #532: backend crashes due to segmentation fault
Date
Re: Bug #532: backend crashes due to segmentation fault  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
yaniv hamo (hamo@cs.technion.ac.il) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
backend crashes due to segmentation fault

Long Description

  After 3 hours of trying to figure out why my backend cannot stand
on its feet for more than 20 seconds, I had to go into the code,
there i saw, in line 183 of database.c the following line:

        for (i = 0; i <= max; i++)

Running from 0 to max INCLUSIVE, caused the segmentation fault.
I fixed it to    for (i = 0; i < max; i++)
and it works.
i have PostgreSQL v 7.0.2 , maybe you fixed it in later versions.
Have a nice day,
Yaniv

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report