Re: ECPG error on inserting records to DB - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG error on inserting records to DB
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 07:26:33PM +0100, Edward Pilipczuk wrote:
> I have problems with inserting records into DB by the C program that
> uses ECPG interface. I am using 7.1.2 in Mandrake 8.0.
> Sometimes it abnormally terminates with segmentation violation and sometimes
> it produces the following SQL error message:

Could this be a memory problem?

> AND FINAL QUESTION
> What is the problem with insertion of long records and why ECPG reports
> parsing error near not exisiting "^Y" string?

The later means that ecpg gets an incorrect source, that is the text it
tries to scan is not correct. Does it print this during compile time (it
should)?

Could you strip down the example to a handy small program that you can send
me?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes