Re: Need more speed from this. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Need more speed from this.
Date
List pgsql-general

Forwarding to the list...........

---------------------- Forwarded by Wesley Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark on 11/19/2001
05:19 PM ---------------------------

Brian Avis <brian.avis%searhc.org@interlock.lexmark.com> on 11/19/2001 05:10:31
PM

To:   "Wesley_Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark.LEXMARK"@sweeper.lex.lexmark.com
cc:    (bcc: Wesley Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Need more speed from this.

indexing the date field sped things up a lot. Thanks for the help.

Oh and I forgot to mention.  I didn't mention the vacuum analyze bit
because this is a brand new database that hasn't had very many updates
or deletes at all, maybe half a dozen.

Thanks again gang.

--
Brian Avis