Re: Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> New patch for open item: AIX compile (Peter E, Zeugswetter)
> (applies to today's snapshot)
>
> I now have a working autoconf, and was thus able to confirm, that
> Peter's SIZEOF_INT8 check works correctly on AIX.
>
> Please apply this patch before beta3, and please someone check BEOS
> which is also affected.

The only problem I have now is that odbc/md5.h needs those unsigned
defines and it can't probe the results of queries by configure.  odbc
allows for stand-alone compile.

    #if SIZEOF_UINT8 == 0

Right now it is testing for __BEOS__, which I believe is something set
by the compiler and not by configure.

My idea is to just unconditionally define the unsigned's in odbc.  It
will fail on a few platforms but I don't see another solution.