Re: substring replacement - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: substring replacement
Date
List pgsql-sql
I assume you mean that '\n' and '\t' exist as literal
characters in your data, and you simply want to delete
them.
There is no builtin function in PostgreSQL which will
delete a substring ("translate" works for characters,
in the manner of Unix "tr").  You will need to write
one for yourself.  A generic function would be
something like this:
CREATE FUNCTION s(text, text, text)
RETURNS text as '
return $_[0];
' LANGUAGE 'plperl';
Substitute whatever datatype you are using.