Re: copy command with PSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: copy command with PSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm a little late stepping into this thread.  (sorry)

Does the space delimited file enclose text in quotes
or double quotes?  Most database applications that
export data in a space delimited format will export
text enclosed in quotes or double quotes (or will at
least have the option).

I've written a python script that will copy a space
delimited file with double quotes around text fields
to to a tab delimited file without the double quotes.
It tracks the occurrences of double quotes to know
whether to convert a space to a tab or treat it as
text.  Postgres copies the new file format easily.

If my script will help, let me know and I'll attach it
to an email.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould