DatabaseMetaData.getTables() - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jason Davies
Subject DatabaseMetaData.getTables()
Date
Re: DatabaseMetaData.getTables()  ("Dave Cramer" <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
Re: DatabaseMetaData.getTables()  ("Dave Cramer" <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with DatabaseMetaData.getTables() when I do the following:

ResultSet R=conn.getMetaData().getTables(null, null, "%", null);

It throws a NullPointerException:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.getTables(DatabaseMetaData.java:1732)
    at Test.main(Test.java:66)

Looking at the source, ResultSet.getBytes() is called and it returns null, causing this exception to be thrown. However
Ican use ResultSet.getString() without a problem. I'm using 7.1.3 at the moment. Does ResultSet.getBytes() need to be
fixedor should getTables() be modified?

I'd be grateful for any insights. Or you can just tell me to use the latest cvs version of PostgreSQL :) What is the
consensuson supporting older versions, will you phase out old code when 7.2 comes out?

--
Jason Davies

jason@netspade.com

Attachment