Re: Disable Transaction - plans ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dr. Evil
Subject Re: Disable Transaction - plans ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > If the developers think that the speed increase is irrelevant then lets drop
> > the issue :)
>
> No problem. We will be happy to entertain patches or demonstrations that
> show a clear benefit in speed for the changes you suggest.

Speed and memory efficiency used to be big issues, but I think now
fast hardware is so absurdly cheap that things like stability and
other features are more important than speed.  I think that's why
people are doing a lot of server stuff in java.  It's definitely slow,
but it's also more solid and lets you develop more flexibly, and
that's more important than speed.