Re: Function won't compile - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aasmund Midttun Godal
Subject Re: Function won't compile
Date
List pgsql-general
1. Trigger procedures need to return opaque.
2. 'now' should probably be now().
3. Can the SQL language handle this?

Here is how I did more or less the same:

DROP TRIGGER auto_modified_trig ON en_dirs;
DROP FUNCTION auto_modified();

CREATE FUNCTION auto_modified() RETURNS opaque AS '
 BEGIN
   NEW.modified = now();
   RETURN NEW;
 END;
 ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER auto_modified_trig BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON en_dirs
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE auto_modified();

-- It may not be the _right_ way to do it, but I think it works.

Regards,

Aasmund