Re: Disable Transaction - plans ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Disable Transaction - plans ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:32:06PM +0200, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
> Simple.
>
> In my dynamic sites I have sessions tables that get select/update/insert
> allot, So removing as many obstacles from select/update/insert against "very
> simple" tables will improve the performance.

Well, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. The overhead for
transactions is very low. You are under the impression that that
transactions slow the database down?

Removing transactions would basically remove the whole point of having an
RDBMS. Seriously, transactions are no performance impediment.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/