Re: pgsql embedded again! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Haller Christoph
Subject Re: pgsql embedded again!
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Esteban,
Your problem looks familiar to me,
and it seems you did not follow my advice.
Anyway, here is a C sample program which works.
It has nothing to do with wrong types, but with a
missing connection, but see for yourself.

/*
/opt/pgsql/bin/ecpg -o sampleprog01.c sampleprog01.sql
the compile command is for HP-UX - you have to adapt it for your machine
cc -Aa +w1 -g -I/opt/pgsql/include/ -L/opt/pgsql/lib/ sampleprog01.c -Wl,-a,archive -lecpg -lpq -o sampleprog01

*/
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "libpq-fe.h"

exec sql include sqlca;

void main()
{
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;   char       *dbName;   VARCHAR     tabla[50];
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;   int nrows;
   dbName = "template1";

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO :dbName ;
printf("sqlca.sqlcode = %d \n", sqlca.sqlcode) ;

EXEC SQL BEGIN ;
EXEC SQL DECLARE T99 CURSOR FOR select relname from pg_class ;
          EXEC SQL OPEN T99;      for(nrows = 0;; nrows++) {             EXEC SQL FETCH IN T99 INTO :tabla;    if (
sqlca.sqlcode!= 0 )    break;   printf("%.*s \n", tabla.len, tabla.arr );       }       printf("nrows = %d ;
sqlca.sqlcode= %d \n", nrows, sqlca.sqlcode) ;              EXEC SQL CLOSE T99;

EXEC SQL END ;
EXEC SQL DISCONNECT ;

}