Re: Upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 19 October 2001 02:56 pm, Mihai Gheorghiu wrote:
> A new system came in with RH7.1 and PG7.0.3 installed (no data).
> I want to upgrade to PG7.1.3 After reading README.rpm-dist, it is my
> understanding that rpm -U postgresql713 followed by the db initialization
> is enough.

If /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql has never been run, you are correct.

Simply chkconfig --level xyz postgresql on (where xyz is the set of levels in
which postmaster should) will make it automatically start on the next boot.
If you just want it in the current level, you may omit the --level and the
xyz.

The first time /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start is run, an initdb will be
performed for you automagically.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio