Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 19 October 2001 11:30 am, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > Take a look at the administrator's manual also.  It has more details on
> > what config stuff is there and in what files.

>   Excellent reminder! I forgot about that.

Sorry for the delay in replying, Rich.  I've been out of town.

If there's nothing worth saving, I would do the following to ensure a clean
tree: (as root)
1.) Make sure no postmaster is running by using /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql
stop
2.) Remove all postgresql rpms with rpm -e --force.  The --force is to
prevent other packages that depend upon postgresql from preventing the
uninstall.
3.) rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql
4.) Reinstall with rpm -i all the postgresql rpms you rebuilt.
5.) Start postmaster with /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start  (which does an
initdb for you, giving you a clean slate in /var/lib/pgsql.).

Hope that helps!
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio