Re: Need for protocol description - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Karttunen
Subject Re: Need for protocol description
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:02:43PM +0530, Dinesh Parikh wrote:
> Hi All
> I want protocol descriptions of Postgresql 7.1 I mean how Postgres listens
> request at default port 5432. If one wants to write to execute some query
> using its program(like in C, java) directry by sending data at server socket
> 5432 then how this task can be achieved. Can anybody tell me from where i
> can find this.

This will be probably be a very bad idea... One should use the libraries.
The way I would go about this would be reading the source code of one of the
libraries. I think libpq source is quite clear and has lots of comments.

- Einar Karttunen