Re: python Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Haberlach
Subject Re: python Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:46:10PM -0700, Adam Haberlach wrote:
>     I'm having trouble selecting "long" rows out of a database
> of email messages using python.  I'm working on an IMAP server
> in python using Postgres as a backend datastore.  All the
> code can be seen with a little poking around at
> http://zipcode.sourceforge.net but basically I'm just
> executing a query and it is blowing up.

    Ah.  Someone pointed out that threads could be the problem,
and they seem to be, since I've switched to a non-threaded
TCPServer and things work well.

...silly me for assuming thread safety in python libs...

--
Adam Haberlach     | Computer science has the unfortunate characteristic
adam@newsnipple.com| that many of the pioneers of the field are still