Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dr. Evil
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have a  question:How postgreSQL connect to a Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?

The best way is to dump all the data from the MS SQL server, reformat
the hard drive, install Linux/BSD/etc, install Postgres, and restore
the data.  You'll also experience increased uptime and you'll
eliminate MS license fees.

Seriously, though, you can't use Postgres clients to connect to
Microsoft servers.  Which language is your client written in?  Most
languages, like perl or java, use various kinds of generic drivers
that should be able to work with many different kinds of DBs.  We need
more information to be able to answer your question.