pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc preproc.y - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org
Subject pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc preproc.y
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    01/10/15 14:16:31

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc: preproc.y

Log message:
    > Uh, isn't the correct fix
    > ! $$ = cat_str(8, make_str("grant"), $2, make_str("on"), $4, $5,
    > make_str("to"), $7, $8);
    > ISTM your patch loses the opt_with_grant clause.  (Of course the
    > backend doesn't currently accept that clause anyway, but that's no
    > reason for ecpg to drop it.)

    My patch doesn't loose the option, it's never been passed on anyway:

    opt_with_grant:  WITH GRANT OPTION
    {
    mmerror(ET_ERROR, "WITH GRANT OPTION is not supported.  Only relation owners can
    set privileges");
    }
    | /*EMPTY*/
    ;

    The existing code in ecpg/preproc/preproc.y to handle the WITH option
    simply throws an error and aborts the processing... The patch below
    prevents the segfault and also passes on the WITH option to the
    backend, probably a better fix.

    Lee Kindness