PyGreSQL v3.2 doesn't support INT8 types - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ricardo Caesar Lenzi
Subject PyGreSQL v3.2 doesn't support INT8 types
Date
Re: PyGreSQL v3.2 doesn't support INT8 types  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: PyGreSQL v3.2 doesn't support INT8 types  (Gerhard Häring <haering_python@gmx.de>)
List pgsql-patches
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : RICARDO CAESAR LENZI
Your email address    : RICARDO@K1.COM.BR

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : INTEL PENTIUM

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : LINUX 2.2.16

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.1.1): PostgreSQL-7.2devel

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.95.2)        : GCC 2.91.66

Python handle as string all int8 values from postgresql. This could be
view when using the aggregate function count() and function nextval
that returns an int8 value, but in python is represented like string:

>> db.query("select nextval('my_seq')").getresult()
[('2',)]

>> db.query("select count(*) from films").dictresult()
[{'count': '120'}]

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

see previous.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

Patch the file src/interfaces/python/pgmodule.c with the
patch file attached in this mail.

Please commit this before the version 7.2.
Thanks and congratulations for the good job,
Ricardo.

Attachment