Re: Where to count - Mailing list pgsql-general

From H. Wade Minter
Subject Re: Where to count
Date
List pgsql-general
The COUNT tells me how many times a particular combination of source IP,
destination IP, and service appears in the logs.  The ORDER BY puts it in
decending order, and the LIMIT only shows me the top 25/50/etc. entries.

It works like I want it to - I'm just checking to see if this is the most
efficient way of doing things.  Like, should I make an index on something
to accomplish this goal.

--Wade