Re: persistent vs. non-persistent - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: persistent vs. non-persistent
Date
List pgsql-php
On Lun 01 Oct 2001 18:46, you wrote:
> > I'm having headaches with PHP, postgres and persistent connections.
>
> They never have really worked for me, but I haven't tried with the recent
> PHP->PGSQL improvements..
>
> > The problem is that my postgres backends stay alive after closing the
> > connection.
>
> That's what a persistant connection is, though... You'll have as many
> minimum PG backends hanging around as you do minimum apache backends (once
> that many PG backends get started, they hang around).
>
> > I use pg_pconnect to connect to the database, put after closing the
> > conection, nothing happens, la backend stays alive, and all I can do is
> > restart apache to make them close (really close).
> >
> > Any solution to this?
>
> Sure, don't use persistant connections..It sounds like they're the opposite
> of what you want...

I've been all day looking for solid info on this case, and what I thought is
this:

Is there a way to seek for open db connections?

I don't understand why apache (or PHP) doesn't see that it has a persistent
database connection open to use.

I'm checking the PHP PGSQL extensions at this moment.
More info later....

Saludos.... ;-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?