Re: cvs problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: cvs problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > The one thing I can't check is the anoncvs directory.  Not sure if that
> > is the same as the CVS directory.
>
> It is the anoncvs server that's broken.  The committers don't seem to be
> having any problem with accesses to the primary server.  I suspect that
> there's a umask or group-membership issue on the anoncvs machine only.

Ack!  Before everyone under the sun claims to have found a problem: the
user that the anon cvs pserver is running under can't create lock files
in the src dirs inline w/ the code).  A few things can happen:

1)  Add the cvs pserver user to the pgsql group and add write privs to
the dirs for the user (chmod -R g+w *)

2)  Add a LockDir in the cvs config.
 cvs co CVSROOT cd CVSROOT echo "LockDir /tmp/cvsroot" >> config cvs ci -m "Adding a central lock dir to the anoncvs
server"config mkdir /tmp/cvsroot chmod 1777 /tmp/cvsroot chown root.wheel /tmp/cvsroot

 I think that should do it...  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden