Re: about the time of a process - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Manuel Trujillo
Subject Re: about the time of a process
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 02:28:08PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> 7.2 will have EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
> > Another question... How many take to time a backend process if
> > it haven't gos "traffic" (or run any query), to dead??
> > Have postgresql a SET command for determinate this question?
> > I will apologize about my bad english... sorry please.

Of course...
Well, we have a php compiled with Apache. It make a persistent connection with the DB. But, if this connection is not
clossedby the php, how many time is take for postgres to close the bakcend opened by the php thread?
Or by the another way, if I open a backend via psql connection, and I forget this and go out to my home... I think the
postgresqlhave a mechanism to close the connection if haven't got any "traffic" beetwen the psql client and the server.
I don't know:
1- If postgresql server have this propertie.
2- If have this propertie, how work.

--
Manuel Trujillo        manueltrujillo@dorna.es
Technical Engineer    http://www.motograndprix.com