is it possible to get the number of rows of a table? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frederick Klauschen
Subject is it possible to get the number of rows of a table?
Date
Re: is it possible to get the number of rows of a table?
List pgsql-sql
I would like to compare the number of rows
of one table and of another and use it in
a  query like this:
SELECT * FROM xxxx
WHERE   "number of rows of table xxxx"                 EQUALS                  "number of rows of table yyyy"
i.e. I only want get a query result if the tables
have the same number of rows.
Is there a function or a way to do this ?

Thanks,
Frederick