Crash caused by CHECK on child - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Way
Subject Crash caused by CHECK on child
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Baldvin posted this greatly simplified test case, which also
crashes the server without even using PL/pgSQL on pgsql-sql.

-- Hi Kevin, and everyone!
--
-- I don't think that I only found a minor bug compared to
-- the other you wrote in your last letter: the backend crash

drop table child;
drop table ancestor;

create table ancestor (
  node_id int4,
  a int4
);

create table child (
  b int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ,
  c int4 not null default 3,
  CHECK ( child.b = 0 OR child.b = 1 )
) inherits (ancestor);

insert into ancestor values (3,4);
insert into child (node_id, a, b) values (5,6,1);

update ancestor set a=8 where node_id=5;

--
-- I am hunting it, but I have to learn all what this query-executing
-- about, so probably it takes uncomparable longer for me than for