pgsql/src backend/executor/execQual.c backend/ ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From tgl@postgresql.org
Subject pgsql/src backend/executor/execQual.c backend/ ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    01/09/20 20:11:31

Modified files:
    src/backend/executor: execQual.c
    src/backend/utils/cache: fcache.c
    src/include/utils: fcache.h
    src/test/regress/expected: plpgsql.out
    src/test/regress/sql: plpgsql.sql

Log message:
    Quick-and-dirty fix for recursive plpgsql functions, per bug report from
    Frank Miles 7-Sep-01.  This is really just sticking a finger in the dike.
    Frank's case works now, but we still couldn't support a recursive function
    returning a set.  Really need to restructure querytrees and execution
    state so that the querytree is *read only*.  We've run into this over and
    over and over again ... it has to happen sometime soon.