Re: [HACKERS] CURRENT CVS: MULTIBYTE: CANT CONNECT.... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CURRENT CVS: MULTIBYTE: CANT CONNECT....
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 03:50:46PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Don't worry about that. Before anything user could do, postgres's
> start up procedure sets the appropreate encoding to ClientEncoding
> variable.

 Larry's backend knows method how call conversion routines, without
set ClientEncoding:-) IMHO with my patch is always sure that backend
never crash for this.

> Also please note that "wanted is after connection set as default
> ClientEncoding same encoding as actual DabaseEncoding" is not
> corrent. The ClientEncoding might be set differently if
> PGCLIENTENCODING is set before postmaster starts up.

 You are right. I was mean "if PGCLIENTENCODING is not set".

            Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/