pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    scrappy@hub.org    01/09/06 14:26:37

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1: ResultSetMetaData.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: ResultSetMetaData.java

Log message:
    On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:01:17 -0500, you wrote:
    >public boolean isWritable(int column) throws SQLException
    >{
    >        if (isReadOnly(column))
    >                return true;
    >        else
    >                return false;
    >}

    The author probably intended:

    public boolean isWritable(int column) throws SQLException
    {
    return !isReadOnly(column);
    }

    And if he would have coded it this way he wouldn't have made
    this mistake :-)

    >hence, isWritable() will always return false. this is something
    >of a problem :)

    Why exactly? In a way, true is just as incorrect as false, and
    perhaps it should throw "not implemented". But I guess that
    would be too non-backwardly-compatible.

    >let me know if i can provide further information.

    Will you submit a patch?

    Regards,
    Ren? Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>