pgsql/ /configure.in oc/src/sgml/installation. ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject pgsql/ /configure.in oc/src/sgml/installation. ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    scrappy@hub.org    01/09/05 22:56:32

Modified files:
    .              : configure.in
    doc/src/sgml   : installation.sgml
    src/include    : pg_config.h.in
    src/pl/tcl     : pltcl.c

Log message:
    Next version of patch.
    Now with documentation update and disabling of UTF conversion for Tcl <=8.0

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Vsevolod Lobko wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
    >
    > > > Is this looks better?
    > >
    > > It does, but one small gripe: the lack of semicolons will probably cause
    > > pg_indent to mess up the indentation.  (I know emacs' autoindent mode
    > > will not work nicely with it, either.)  Please set up the macros so that
    > > you write
    > >
    > >                         UTF_BEGIN;
    > >                         Tcl_DStringAppend(&unknown_src, UTF_E2U(part), -1);
    > >                         UTF_END;
    > >
    > > and then I'll be happy.
    >
    > Attached revised patch
    >
    > > Your point about overhead is a good one, so I retract the gripe about
    > > using a configure switch.  But please include documentation patches to
    > > describe the configure option in the administrator's guide (installation
    > > section).
    >
    > This patch still uses configure switch for enabling feature.
    >
    > For enabling based on tcl version we have 2 posibilites:
    >  1) having feature enabled by default, but in pltcl.c check for tcl
    >     version and disable it for old versions
    >  2) enable or disable at configure time based on tcl version, but there
    >     are problem - current configure don't checks for tcl version at all
    >     and my configure skills not enought for adding this

    Vsevolod Lobko