Re: Bytea/Base64 encoders for libpq - interested? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Bytea/Base64 encoders for libpq - interested?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You're right, as usual (I was tired when I wrote this last night ;). But I
> think we have to escape/unescape both null and '\', don't we?

Yes, I think backslashes need special escapes too.

Let me ask a bigger question.  We have the length of the text string in
the varlena header.  Are we concerned about backend code not handling
NULL in text fields, or frontend code returning strings with embedded
nulls?

I see problems in the text() functions for nulls, but is such a
limitation required for text types?

Pennsylvania19026