Re: embedded SQL cursos declare fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: embedded SQL cursos declare fails
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 02:07:48PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, I have applied the following patch.  Interestingly, the SGML code
> marked this block as outdated, but didn't remove it for some reason.

I'm afraid this patch is incorrect.

> -       <!--WARNING: FROM HERE ON THE TEXT IS OUTDATED!-->

Don't know why this is said.

> -       <varlistentry>
> -        <term>Open cursor statement</term>
> -        <listitem>
> -     <para>
> -      An open cursor statement looks like:
> -      <programlisting>
> - exec sql open <replaceable>cursor</replaceable>;
> -      </programlisting>
> -      and is ignore and not copied from the output.
> -     </para>

This is partly correct. The OPEN statement is not copied. Instead the
DECLARE statement is issued at the place of the OPEN statement since it
opens the cursor too.

> -      A commit statement looks like
> -      <programlisting>
> - exec sql commit;

Thsi certainly exists.

> -      and is translated on the output to
> -      <programlisting>
> - ECPGcommit(__LINE__);

But the translation is not correct anymore.

> - exec sql rollback;
> -      </programlisting>
> -      and is translated on the output to
> -      <programlisting>
> - ECPGrollback(__LINE__);

Same here.

These functions have been combined to
ECPGtrans(int lineno, const char *connection_name, const char *transaction)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De