Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...) - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...)
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Bruce,

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 12:52:54PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The first attachment is the root cause of this problem.  If I revert
> > pgconnection.h to version 1.11, then Cygwin PostgreSQL (i.e., libpq++)
> > builds cleanly again.
> >
> > I tried to build the Win32 stuff to see if the native libpq++ would build
> > cleanly without the DLLIMPORT.  Unfortunately, the Win32 build seems to
> > be broken too...  See second attachment.  Note that I can build 7.1.2
> > under MSVC++.  Has the procedure for 7.2 changed?
>
> OK, have we resolved what should be in pgconnection.h?

I just did a cvs update to try again to verify whether or not the
Win32 libpq++ will build without the DLLIMPORT in pgconnection.h.

Unfortunately, I still cannot build even the Win32 libpq.  See the
first attachment for my nmake output.  Does the latest CVS really build
under MSVC++?  Seems like md5.c is missing from win32.mak...

BTW, jdbc does not seem to build anymore either.  See the second
attachment.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachment