Re: Multiple Servers - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Simone Tellini
Subject Re: Multiple Servers
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:05:41 -0500 (CDT)
"C. Bensend" <benny@bennyvision.com> wrote:

CB> > So, create a database for the user as the user, but deny him the ability to
CB> > create databases or users.
[...]
CB>     This is what I ended up doing for a solution.
CB> Yes, very workable.  It was just a few more steps than

I've found out a small problem with this procedure: you won't be able to
restore the data after a dumpall, unless you manually edit the dump
first to add CREATEDB to the CREATEUSER commands and then manually
remove the permissions after the restore.

Hopefully one shouldn't need to restore everything so often.

--

Simone Tellini
E-mail: tellini@areabusiness.it