Re: Simulating field-level permissions via stored SQL functions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brichardson@lineone.net (Bruce Richardson)
Subject Re: Simulating field-level permissions via stored SQL functions?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 02:41:47PM -0400, Neal Lindsay wrote:
> I think that the subject line explains what I am trying to do.  How can I
> create a stored function (in SQL, if that matters) that a user can call to
> update data in a table to which they normally only have read access?

By using a view.  Triggers and rules attached to a view are executed
with the uid of the view owner.

--
Bruce

Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a
Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web...
        -- Tim Berners-Lee

Attachment