Re: PostgreSQL v7.1.3 bundled and uploaded to central FTP Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: PostgreSQL v7.1.3 bundled and uploaded to central FTP Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 02:26:53PM -0400,
  Mitch Vincent <mvincent@cablespeed.com> wrote:
> Hi Marc. Is anonymous FTP just not allowed to the posostgresql.org box
> anymore ? Every time I've tried in the last few months I get  "The maximum
> number of concurrent connections has been reached."..
>
> I'm wondering simply for situations like the one that we're in right now
> where the mirrors won't be updated for a while (and I have some time to do
> some upgrading)...
>
> *Shrug* not a big deal, I'm just wondering..
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mitch

It isn't surprizing that a lot of people are hitting the ftp site
right after the announcement went out.

There is http access to the ftp area, which is what I used to
get a copy. I don't have the web url handy, but I found a link for
getting 7.1.2 and changed the 2 2s to 3s and got access.