Pg and libperl issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Pg and libperl issue
Date
Re: Pg and libperl issue  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
I built 7.1RC1 last march and Pg.so was created.
I built 7.1.2 since then, but the time stamp for Pg.so is from the 7.1RC1
build.
I built 7.1.3 a few minutes ago and I am getting an error because
libperl is not shared. It seems both Pg and PL/Perl are controlled
by the --with-perl config option.
I can live without PL/Perl for the immediate future, but would like
to get Pg.so updated.

I am not sure if this is a change in how postgres builds or if I did
something different.

I don't think Pg needs libperl to be shared, so it would be nice if
there was a way to enable one of these (Pg) without the other (so that
make doesn't die).

In the short run I am going to look at the make files and get PL/Perl
to not die (or not have make run in that directory).

I am doing the build on a redhat 6.1 system. I am using the rpm version
of perl (perl-5.00503-6), but have added on a number of modules (from
cpan, but installed by hand).