Re: How can I view the definition of an existing trigger? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: How can I view the definition of an existing trigger?
Date
List pgsql-general

That's a good start, and I'm certainly going to hold on to this query.  That
gave me a good list of triggers and their functions.  The info I'm still looking
for is:  on what events do the triggers get fired (insert, update, delete) and
what do the functions do?  in other words, the actual text of the create
function  statement that was used to create the function, or its equivalent.
Sort of like a \d for functions.

[ a short time passes ]

Ok, I finally got pgAdmin installed and working, thanks to a couple of tips in
the archives of this terrific group.  It does show the definitions of functions,
but has it stuck in a real tiny box.  But at least it's there.  And I also have
the pg_dump -s option as well, which certainly ought to work.  Looks like I have
a couple of working solutions.  Thanks everyone!

--Wes Sheldahl

Bernie Holmes <holmes%msu.edu@interlock.lexmark.com> on 08/13/2001 10:35:52 AM