Re: Re: Returned mail: Service unavailable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Re: Returned mail: Service unavailable
Date
List pgsql-general

From the mail archives:

Stephan Szabo On Tue, 22 May 2001, snpe wrote:

   > Hello, I know that queries across multiple databases are in TODO list Does
it mean that
   > databases can be on multiple servers (postmasters) and that
update,insert,delete across
   > multiple databases are possible.

All the multiple database stuff is in the exotic features section, it's not here
 now, and
probably won't be for a while unless someone steps up to do it.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

If this is still true, it's an area that could really use some improvement.  SQL
 Server and even
MySQL support this now, such that tables can be referenced as "mydb.mytable",
and columns can therefore
be referenced as "mydb.mytable.mycolumn".  I wouldn't be surprised to see
performance take a hit in these kinds of queries though.

Dado Feigenblatt <dado%wildbrain.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 08/10/2001
01:02:50 PM