restoring a 7.1 dump on a 6.5.x postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Il Paolone
Subject restoring a 7.1 dump on a 6.5.x postgresql
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have a problem.
I am developing a database on my home computer which has PostgreSQL 7.1 .
I have to restore the dumps made with it, on the office's computer which
has PostgreSQL 6.5.x (Debian potato r1) and I can not ask to have an
upgrade for it.

I dumped with:

# pg_dump name > dump

I tried to restore with:

# psql name < dump.

I got several errors (it showed a lot of help screens).
I dumped again with:

# pg_dump -i name > dump

but nothing changed.
How can I succeed in restoring my database? It is very
important.
My database has few tables, few sequences (unique id incremental)

Thanks in advance

Gaetano