IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Vadim Kogan
Subject IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.
Date
Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Attached is a patch that adds IPv6 support for inet and cidr datatypes. All
the functionality that was available for IPv4 is available for IPv6. In
addition comparison between IPv4 and IPv4-in-IPv6 addresses is available.

**** WARNING: THIS PATCH HAS NOT BEEN TESTED ENOUGH! ****
(There is still some minor debug stuff left and such)
The patch is not likely to kill any of your data, but it could crash your
backend.

Due to me being relatively busy lately, I was hoping that other people might
want to help me test the patch. If you have a problem, just email me what
you were doing and I will try to reproduce and fix it. Hopefully we can get
this small patch to the point of being stable soon enough and have it
included in the main tree.

Paul: I suppose you can take a look at inet_{net,cidr}_{pton,ntop} stuff,
test it and eventually include with your code. Sorry for the delay, I had
this part more or less ready a while back, but never had time to finish the
postgres-specific part...

Vadim.

Attachment