pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/pltcl.sgml rc/pl/tcl/pltcl.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian - CVS
Subject pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/pltcl.sgml rc/pl/tcl/pltcl.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/08/02 11:45:55

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : pltcl.sgml
    src/pl/tcl     : pltcl.c

Log message:
    I noticed that pltcl didn't have any way to get to SPI_lastoid like plpgsql does.. I started using pltcl a lot
becauseI like to decide when and how my queries get planned.. so I put one together really quick

    Sorry I don't have the original around to make a quick diff, but its a very small change... I think this should be
inthe next release, there's no reason not to have it.

    its a function with no expected arguments, so you can use it like:
    spi_exec "INSERT INTO mytable(columns...) VALUES(values..)"
    set oid [spi_lastoid]
    spi_exec "SELECT mytable_id from mytable WHERE oid=$oid"

    It just didn't make sense for me to use plpgsql and pltcl, or just screw
    them both and use SPI from C.

    bob@redivi.com