Re: problem with postgres users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: problem with postgres users
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 12:31:13PM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> When we try to update a table, we get this message:
>
> pg_aclcheck: invalid user id 513
>
> linux user id is a user that doesn't even have access to the database. Why
> could this be???

To the best of my knowledge, that 'user id' has nothing to do with
the /etc/passwd file.
As what user are you connected to the database?
What is the output of 'select * from pg_user'?

gh

> PLEASE HELP US.

Gladly, just don't *ever* use caps like that again. :)

--
> What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)
    -- Suresh Ramasubramanian, alt.sysadmin.recovery