File system level backup - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject File system level backup
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi!

I have an installation of PG7.0.2 in a disk, for some reasons I didn't use
that disk anymore but right now I want to use the dbs that I have there, the
point is that I've mount that disk in other file system, so I copied the old
/usr/local/pgsql/data to the new /usr/local/pgsql/data and tried to access
that DB using also PG7.0.2 but it didn't work.
I followed the instructions at
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?backup-file.html

Here's the log of the DB running the new copied /data:
DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Wed Jul 11 05:24:07 2001
DEBUG:  Data Base System was shut down at Tue Jul 10 18:20:05 2001
DEBUG:  Data Base System is in production state at Wed Jul 11 05:24:07 2001
FATAL 1:  Database "open" does not exist in the system catalog.

I got the FATAL 1 when I do a psql open, that DB really exists in data/base

by the way, the first PG installation was on RH6.2 the actual PG is on RH7.1,
and both are PG7.0.2 installed from source (not rpms)

What is the right way to do a dump of the DBs in this way?, I don't want to
use pg_dump.

Thank you,
Rocael.