Re: TCL and encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Schapachnik
Subject Re: TCL and encoding
Date
List pgsql-general
En un mensaje anterior, Tatsuo Ishii escribió:
> > Sorry... I mean non-ASCII chars doesn't look good on PgAccess plus
> > they are stored as 'garbage' (really two characters).
>
> For Japanese, an UNICODE database and TCL 8.3 combo works well. What
> kind of charset (encoding) are you using? Can I have your data
> (produced by pg_dump) so that I could reproduce your problem?
>
> Please tell me the database encoding.

The database prueba (spanish for test) is UNICODE:

prueba=> \l
        List of databases
  Database   | Owner | Encoding
-------------+-------+-----------
 prueba      | pgsql | UNICODE
 template0   | pgsql | SQL_ASCII

prueba=> select * from prueba;
  nombre
----------
 áéíó
 áéÑ
 aeiá
 áéíó
 áé
 áéíñ
(7 rows)

Second, fifth and seventh row (the ones that are OK) where generated
either using TCL 8.0 or psql. The others are from PgAccess and TCL
8.3

I will send you the dump off-list.

Thanks!

Fernando P. Schapachnik