Re: HUPing a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Molter
Subject Re: HUPing a database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:43:44PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
: > : There isn't one.  You're better off piping the postmaster output through a
: > : separate rotate program.
: >
: > Hrmm, are there plans to implement this feature?  That seems like an
: > *EXTREMELY* large oversight, to not allow for a simple HUP for
: > something as universal as daily log rotation.
:
: How about using syslog logging?

Well, I'm using the logs to track down a locking issue, so I'd rather
not send all that output to syslog.  Someone suggested running it into
a pipe, so I'll probably do that.  I was just surprised that you can't
simply reload the server real quick to take care of those things.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/
* philip@datafoundry.net