Re: Making things 'tamper proof' - Mailing list pgsql-php

From GH
Subject Re: Making things 'tamper proof'
Date
List pgsql-php
And this has *what* to do with PostgreSQL?

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:57:13AM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:

> The .php files, as far as I know, have to be distributed as they are (in
> source code). Is there any way to protect the application so that it can not
> be tampered with?

Yes.

> Can I write some stored procedure of some sort which
> prevents people from messing with the code?

No, I don't even know what you are thinking here. The PHP code would have
essentially nothing to do with the database.

You can obscure PHP source code through the use of the PHP "compiler" by
Zend. I do not how difficult it is to reverse engineer code obscured in
this manner. "Compiling" PHP code also improves performance also. IIRC, the
"compiled" code must still be executed by `PHP`.

gh