Re: Re: lo wrappers - still working on it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Holmes
Subject Re: Re: lo wrappers - still working on it
Date
List pgsql-general
> If you are intent on installing such a security hole into your
> system, you can define ALLOW_DANGEROUS_LO_FUNCTIONS in config.h
> when you build the server.  But God help you if any unfriendlies
> get access to your database.
>
>             regards, tom lane

That doesn't sound the least bit encouraging and as the application is for
legal case management and this particular functionality is for maintaining
legal documents, allowing such security holes is a bad idea.  I'm now
wondering if the PHP functions suffer from the same security risks.

Are there any issues like this using the client side libpq.dll?  Is it
necessary to install the entire postgresql client package on the NTs or can I
get by with just libpq.dll?  I note that it imports from only WSOCK32.dll and
KERNEL32.dll, but as I've mentioned, my knowledge of C is minimal.